Monday, December 13, 2010

Musical Roster

I guess this off season is becoming just that. It seems like every time you turn around someone new is on the way in or out. The catcher has gone from Adam Moore and Rob Johnson to Miguel Olivo?! First base will go from Russell Branyan to Justin Smoak. Second base will go from Chone Figgins to I'm assuming Dustin Ackley( He's not ready yet, Jack!). Now shortstop will go from Josh and Jack Wilson to Brendan Ryan. Third will go from Jose Lopez to Chone Wiggins.I'm not sure if it will Milton Bradley, Michael Saunders, or some new name in left. The only constants are Franklin Gutierrez in center and Ichiro in right. Even the DH has gone from whoever we could scrounge off the bench to Jack Cust. No real help with the rotation and no one to help out the bullpen.

I don't see it getting better this year. I'm still wondering why we didn't go after Russell Martin instead of Olivo. I know it's going to be a long season coming up. Be prepared for many rants and diatribes from me complaining constantly about this team. I won't give up on my team because I love them too much, but now that I have a place for my voice to be heard...

1 comment:

  1. Jack will get you guys turned around, it'll take some time though. Keep the faith.

    I had the same sinking feeling last season about the Brewers (rotation and bullpen were in shambles) that you have about your Ms going into this season.

    Sadly, I copped out a bit and didn't pay as much attention as I normally would have. Checked out reeeaaaal early.

    ReplyDelete