Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Finest Fleer 1986-1990

Here we are back for another round of Fleer goodness. I'm sure you guys are getting tired of hearing me blab on about Mariners cards, but what else do you expect from me? Here is what you get this time around...


1986 Gorman Thomas
I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again. This has got to be on the all time Bad Ass list. Just look at that look, it doesn't get much better. Except for maybe the Mad Hungarian or George Scott back in the day( Go look them up, kids).


If anyone has this card, I'm open to a trade.
1986 Update Pete Ladd
He looks like he is falling down, but they got him centered on the card.


If anyone has this card, I'm open to a trade.
1987 Mark Langston
I'm not used to seeing a pitcher in that low of a crouch during his motion.


If anyone has this card, I'm open to a trade.
1987 Update Bill Wilkinson
Is this a pitching motion, or a stretching maneuver?


1988 Ken Phelps
Doesn't he remind of that creepy teacher that you had in junior high? It reminds me of one I had.


1988 Update Henry Cotto
Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...


1989 Mike Schooler
Mike is 26 years old in this picture, but he looks like he is fresh out of high school except for the moustache.


If anyone has this card, I'm open to a trade.
1989 Update Omar Vizquel
Is it just too strange to see Omar wearing 42?? I always think of him in #13, except with the White Sox.


1990 Jim Presley
There's that Edgar Martinez guy that's going to take my job and run me out of town. Act like he doesn't see me...


If anyone has this card, I'm open to a trade.
1990 Update Tino Martinez
Just look at that fresh, young baby face. If only we could have kept him around after 1995.

There you go boys and girls another display of the finest that Fleer had to off in the late 80's. Join us again for more fun from Fleer.

1 comment:

  1. Man, it was like taking a trip down Brewers memory lane here too! George Scott? Gorman Thomas! Pete Ladd?

    Go Crew! Er, Ms! Whichever :)

    Must have had quite the exchange program there between Milwaukee and Seattle.

    ReplyDelete