Monday, December 13, 2010

Finest Fleer 1981-1985

Now that we have gotten through all the wonders of Donruss cards, now maybe it's time to take a look at our next manufacturer. Since we are going in alphabetical order that means Fleer would be next. The first few years for Fleer were pretty awful. Bad photography, numerous errors on cards, and poor design. In time, they would come to get better at making cards, only to fade away later down the road. Let's see what the first few years brought us, shall we?


1981 Joe Simpson
Honestly, they couldn't find a way to get the shot without the screen from the batting cage? Poor choice on the photographer's part.


If anyone has this card, I'm open to a trade.
1982 Dick Drago
I guess if you have a collar coming out of your shirt, and have finely trimmed beard it makes you more classy.


If anyone has this card, I'm open to a trade.
1983 Julio Cruz
I'm sorry, but what's with the bushes above the eyes, dude? Trim those things, they are scaring me.


1984 Bill Caudill
SAY CHEESE!! LOOK AT ME!!


If anyone has this card, I'm open to a trade.
1984 Update Phil Bradley
I like the concentration by Phil to keep his eye on the ball.


If anyone has this card, I'm open to a trade.
1985 Dave Henderson
I think they could have done a better job of centering Dave on this card, but I like the action.


1985 Update Ivan Calderon
It's hot here in Tempe, and if you don't get the picture soon, I'm going to beat you with this bat.

There is the finest that Fleer had to offer in their first years. Soon to come another five years of Fleer cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment