Sunday, February 20, 2011

Old faces in new places #2

I was bored yesterday and decided to look at other rosters and NRI lists. I found former Mariners all over the place. I can't find any pics of them on the web yet. One former Mariner that was well loved here, that I did find pics of is this guy:

Former closer and All-Star JJ Putz. JJ left Seattle after the 2008 season in the first big blockbuster deal for Jack Zduriencik. By shipping JJ to the Mets, we in return netted Franklin Gutierrez. Unfortunately for JJ the time was not good in the Big Apple. JJ lost a chance to be the closer for the Mets when K-Rod came to New York also. After becoming a free agent after 2009, JJ signed with the White Sox. JJ was the set up guy for closer Bobby Jenks. The White Sox decided to let JJ go after last season, allowing JJ to sign on with the Diamondbacks. I would assume by looking at their roster, new manager Kirk Gibson will be firmly planting JJ into the closer's role. Good luck to JJ in the desert, and D-Backs fans I hope you like AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" because that's JJ's intro song.

No comments:

Post a Comment