Monday, January 31, 2011

Woo Hoo Look at me!!

Not too long ago while doing the Finest Fleer reviews, I got a comment from Nick saying he had this 2007 Fleer card I needed.

Guess what showed up in the mail today? that's right the Travis Chick card I needed. Also in there were some other nice Mariners goodies including this beauty:

While I'm not a big relic, auto or fancy stuff kind of guy, this thing is sweet! That would be the All-Star Game that Ichiro hit an inside the park home run and won the MVP. Definitely a keeper! Thanks to Nick at For Cards Sake for sending me over the great cards, and I hope you enjoy the little bit I sent you.

Also of good news, was getting the news that thanks to the great randomizer, I did win this 1973 Topps Roberto Clemente card I coveted from Vintage Sportscards' Contest.

I don't know if it was a premonition that I would win, or just dumb luck. I can't to get my hands on this card in the mail. I have wanted one for many years due to the historic nature of it, but didn't want to pay the prices I saw for it. Thanks again to Chris for holding the contest, and I will make sure that Roberto is given his proper place in my collection.

1 comment: