Friday, January 14, 2011

Ultimate Upper Deck 1999-2003

Now onto the next round of Upper Deck goodness. I do have to make an addition that I forgot a couple of posts ago. I forgot to profile a card from the 1991 Final Update set, so here it is:


If anyone has this card, I'm open to a trade.
1991 Update Griffey/ Sandberg Checklist
A member of the 2005 Hall of Fame class, and a member of the 2015 class.

Now on to some more recent selections of Upper Deck offerings...


If anyone has this card, I'm open to a trade.
1999 Carlos Guillen
Did they use the same photographer from the late 90's Fleer set? Another shot of Carlos' back proudly showing that #5.


If anyone has this card, I'm open to a trade.
1999 Encore Ken Griffey Jr.
I really don't understand this Encore set. All the same pics of guys, just some fancy inserts or something...


If anyone has a regular version of this, I'm open to a trade.
2000 Jose Mesa
What kind of card recap wouldn't be complete if you didn't have a card of Joe Table? How old are you really, Jose???


If anyone has this card, I'm open to a trade.
2001 Rafael Soriano
A rookie card from the Yankees new $35 million set up man. Man, I wish we had that kind of money to spend.


2001 Ichiro
Lookie at what I picked up today at the LCS. I got it for less than $10 too, very nice.


2002 Al Martin
Did you ever hear Al tell the story of running into Carlos Guillen was like playing for USC in 1986 and hitting a Michigan runner named Leroy Hoard? Neither had anyone from USC for that matter.


2003 Bobby Madritsch
So I'm wearing a jersey with a pair of shorts? I'm giving you my best Bad Ass look, and besides who's looking up at who where?

There you are folks. We are working our way closer to the cards from the last few years. I think they will continue to get better. Upper Deck did put out some nice styles in some of the final years. Come back to see for yourselves...

No comments:

Post a Comment