Saturday, May 15, 2010

Please call him Mister


This kid is really starting to come into his own. I have been extremely impressed with the job Doug Fister(stop laughing) is doing this year. I wasn't too sure what to make of him last year. He was fairly shaky and easily rattled last year. I'm sure some of that was the first time in the bigs nerves. I know that he only lasted 5 innings, which is his second shortest outing, but he kept the Rays in check. They wouldn't have scored a run if not for catching a spike for a balk to score a run.


This kid has been awesome this year and isn't scared of any team he faces. I love the fact that he is 3-1 in 47 innings with only 35 hits, 9 runs, 9 walks, 20 strikeouts, and a 1.72 ERA. In his three no decisions, he was in position to win two of them taking a lead into the ninth, but David Aardsma proceeded to to blow the saves and the games. The third was a tie game when he left after 7 innings. I'm not trying to say he'll win the Cy Young, but not bad for a kid that was only drafted in 2006, and isn't a power pitcher. I think we really have a chance in this series, Vargas goes today and has been fairly good and Cliff Lee vs. Matt Garza on Sunday(must see TV). Here's to hoping for good things in Tampa!!


No comments:

Post a Comment