Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A stud and a dud

Last night as we all know was the All-Star game. I'm a sucker for these things. I still love to see all the players in different uniforms on the same field together. It is always better when guys from my team are there to perform too. As we all knew, Felix would not be able to pitch due to starting on Sunday. The player that I most wanted to see succeed was rookie Michael Pineda.

In my opinion, I think Big Mike is on the inside track to win AL Rookie of the Year. A good showing and a decent second half of the season. I think Mike did his part last night by getting Tulo to pop out, then Scott Rolen, and Rickie Weeks on strikeouts. The dud of a closer showed up again for the M's last night. Brandon league got his one inning, but looked painful doing it. Big pitches to hit, wild pitches and all cost the AL another run.

I think the highlight of the night was this guy and his fun attitude. How could you not like a guy that would do that? I know the game was meaning on the World Series, but do the Padres really care? Why not give the fans a show? I appreciate guys like Heath Bell, and the beard Brian Wilson. I want players that are serious, but still remember it is a game after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment