Friday, April 1, 2011

Could they? Maybe...

Tonight starts the long journey for the Mariners. Could this be a decent year? Am I dreaming that it is possible to improve on last year's performance? Most of the "experts" are picking to have basically no improvement. I honestly see at least 10-15 more wins for them this season. I think and hope that it might be possible to make a run at a .500 season. It is sad when 81-81 sounds good to you. I hope that the hitting has be some what better than last year. I feel that there is a new attitude in the locker room. I like the direction that Eric Wedge is trying to instill in this team.

















If Felix can win the Cy Young at 13-12 with no run support, I wonder how much better he could be this year if they could just score 1 more run in each of his starts this year. Late last year Felix threw a one hitter in Toronto and lost 1-0, that is pathetic people. We all know Ichiro will get his customary 200 hits, and push his record further. I don't see any big boppers in the line-up, but I know that there are some guys(Jack Wilson, Milton Bradley, Brandon League) on the roster that I hope will go. It's not that I wish them ill will, I just don't think they fit here. Maybe I'm just a dreamer as John Lennon would say but that's what make baseball great. Here's good luck to my Mariners this season, and your team too as long they aren't play us.

No comments:

Post a Comment