Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's day


Do the card companies think we are the fools or are they the fools? I know I sound like the old "Get off my lawn" guy, but whatever happen to a set of cards? It wasn't all about the gimmicks, inserts, subsets, parallels, short prints, relics and autographs. It used to be the set had 660 or 792 cards of players and managers and that was it. I know that all the fancy flashy cards make the hobby and industry continue to thrive, but I just want base cards back in my packs. Maybe I'm losing my mind , or maybe I'm old fashioned but I think all this stuff is what drives so many people away from the hobby. I know some people do this for the financial gain, but some of us do it for the love of the game and the cards.


1 comment:

  1. I agree. I do like the retired player variations but stuff like George Bush and pies in the face are annoying. On a completely unrealated note, I'll have to go through my 2009 Topps cards to see if I have that Sabathia.

    ReplyDelete