Monday, November 21, 2011

Sad Monday Morning


I was shocked and saddened to wake up this morning and turn on the local news. Normally I just turn it on to see what the weather holds in store for work during the day. This morning, less than 5 minutes into the newscast they say they are working on a developing story. Reports out of Rotterdam, Netherlands say that 24 year old Mariners outfielder Greg Halman was stabbed to death. His 22 year old brother is currently being held as a suspect. While it is early, and no one knows all the facts yet, it is a sad story to say the least.


I'm not too sure how Greg was going to fit into the Mariners left field plans for next year, but I'm sure there might have been a chance he would have probably been with the big club and platooned in left in 2012. May he rest in peace, and may his family find comfort in knowing that all of us here that love the Mariners will have them in our thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. What? That is absolutely terrible. I was actually kind of following this guy as a person who lives in the NW the M's are my second team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard it on the radio this morning. Sorry for that family and his fans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tragic. What a shattering experience for the family.

    ReplyDelete