Friday, November 25, 2011

Eye Catchers part 2

I realized later in the day yesterday that I cut the first anniversaries post short due to having to leave for work. I need to send a big thanks to Dodgerbobble for reminding me about some other noteworthy ones for 2012. Let's start with the logo for his team first.


The Dodgers will be celebrating their 50th year at dodger stadium this coming year. The Dodgers spent their first four years at the Memorial Coliseum after moving to LA from Brooklyn in 1958. The 1962 season would see the Dodgers move to their new home in Chavez Ravine. It's been many years since I've been, but it is still a cool stadium.
Next, we have a team that has a ballpark that set a precedent for most teams to rebuild stadiums. The pioneer in the retro ballpark craze is Oriole Park at Camden Yards in Baltimore. It was the first, opening in 1992.


The Orioles decided to not only celebrate the park, but also went back to some sweet looking uniforms for next year. I personally am excited to see the cartoon bird come back to the O's.























The Royals have done a lot of work to Kaufmann Stadium. I miss being able to see the fountains in the outfield like you use to. I know they are still there and visible, but not like before. The 2012 All Star Game will be played in Kansas City this year. The Roylas will be wearing this to commemerate the game in their city.


The last one, whether you love or hate the team, you have to definitely celebrate. 2012 will mark the 100th birthday of the famed Fenway Park in Boston. Having gone there in 2009, I have to say it is a pretty awesome stadium. It is amazing that a ballpark can make it that long and not be too far off from what the original was.

Can anybody think of any other celebrations, anniversaries, or mile stones that I missed? Is there some uniforms changes that teams are doing that we should look at?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you're interested, but Onyx Authenticated is having a lot of the Pineda autos on sale on their official store.

    ReplyDelete