Thursday, September 1, 2011

Leavin' on a jet plane

That's right, today's the day. Tonight on getting myself on one of these bad boys:

My family and I are headed to San Francisco for three days for my 40th birthday. While my birthday isn't until next Tuesday, this was the only time we could go. While we are in the Bay Area, my main goal is to make it here:

I have my tickets and am really looking forward to see this beautiful view of this nice park on Saturday night:

It looks and seems like it is a great venue and has great sights, but it still isn't my beloved Safeco Field.  If anyone has suggestions or knows of thing I need to see or do at AT&T, let me know I'll be keeping up to date on he blog on my phone. I hope to see a Giants win, and I hope the Beard will back in time to make an appearance.

See all my fellow bloggers back on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. I suppose your other vacation plans are taken care of. Remember, there are no real card stores in San Francisco, so don't waste your time.

    Kids will love all the stuff around the giant Coke bottle in left field. Go there pretty early or expect a line. You can try the garlic fries at any of the locations (hit or miss, though), and the food court behind center field should offer the greatest variety (clam chowder in a bread bowl while in SF is a must, so if you don't get it at Fisherman's Wharf, get it here).

    Remember: it doesn't matter how warm it is during the day, you will be freezing cold at night! Bring a jacket or two (I usually bring two) and wear long pants.

    Hopefully you've already worked this out: don't drive in San Francisco. Use public transit. Especially to the game.

    Expect the stadium to be very crowded. The concourses are quite narrow, so navigating can be difficult.

    Don't forget to be a tourist while you're here. Ride the cable cars to Fisherman's Wharf, ride the F line back to downtown. If you're doing Alcatraz and don't have your tickets already, do it ASAP.

    I really need to write an SF travel book or blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything Ryan G said...
    I'd say that Ghirardelli Square is a must.

    Enjoy the Bay Area!

    ReplyDelete