Saturday, March 13, 2010

Another card from the box

I have been having a hard time deciding what to write again. I decided to just reach in the box of fun and see what comes up this time.

Nice! A card from the first cards I remember as a kid. I really wasn't much of a fan of any team that year. I watched the Angels and Dodgers on TV at home when they were on, but didn't root for either much. I know that my first World Series I remember was that year. I fell in love with the "We are family" Pirates.
I think the first thing I liked about them was all the different uniform combinations. My favorite was Willie "Pops" Stargell. The way he windmilled that bat was cool. I also thought Kent Tekulve was fun to watch with his sidearm delivery. Oh yeah, Johnny Bench card...He and the Reds were defeated in the NLCS by the Pirates. Happy Saturday!!

1 comment:

  1. I miss those Topps card that designated the previous years all stars

    ReplyDelete