Friday, September 17, 2010

We are Champions. Do you care?

So last night the Seattle Storm won the WNBA Championship. Is that a big reason to get excited? I'm not bagging on women's sports. I'm glad to see that there is professional leagues for women too. I just don't think it is as exciting as a World Series title or a Super Bowl, or a Stanley Cup. I'm not a big basketball fan, But this town lost it's franchise to a couple of sneaky owners, a idiot of a mayor in Seattle, and a corrupt NBA Commissioner.

courtesy of the BlazersEdge blog
The Sonics were here for 41 years and won the only World title this city has ever had. When they were taken from Seattle, they left and took all the banners and history with them to Oklahoma. We were left with nothing. I'm glad that the ladies of Seattle won last night, but I'm sorry to say it's not the same.

1 comment:

  1. Sour Sonics fan? Hmmm? As for "they left us nothing," you are COMPLETELY wrong! They left you the colors. Yellow and green. That's what they left you.

    ReplyDelete