Saturday, September 11, 2010

Never Forget



I find it hard to sometimes believe where time has gone. I like everyone else will always remember where I was that day. I remember too because the job I had at that time was affected by aircraft being grounded. It was any eerie scene for a few days, to not see or hear airplane noise. My family was able to make it to "Ground Zero" when we made our trip to New York. It is an amazing thought to look at the hole in the ground and then look up to think that the towers once stood there.

It is hard to grasp the concept of cops and firemen rushing in to save lives. The small Catholic church that is across the street is an amazing place. Not a window broken, no headstones lost and no damage to anything. The displays in the church now will make you cry. While this country was founded on the thought of being free to think and do as you please, some people need to re-think it( yes you, whack job pastor in Florida).

Today I ask you to not forget the Police, Fire, EMS, civilians, military and all others that we lost that day. From everyone that we lost in New York, Washington, D.C., and in the field in Pennsylvania, they are all American heroes. Let us not forget also the men and women that are in places all over this world that are fighting for us, and protecting us so we can all think and do as we please.

No comments:

Post a Comment