Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy Birthday...

To ME!!  I recently did a trade with Steve of The Greatest 21 Days. He had gone to Cooperstown and bought a pack of 1984 Topps. One of the cards he pulled was a Tony Gwynn. As you may know if you've read my blog, I'm a huge Gwynn fan, and the 84 Topps is on the Prime 9. Steve was willing to send me it for a 84 Topps Andre Dawson. Unfortunately, I do not own one. I was able to send him a 84 Donruss, an 87 Topps Traded, and a couple other Dawsons for the Gwynn. His package arrived Saturday, but I waited until yesterday and opened it as a selfish birthday present. Now the 1984 Tony has come home to stay with me. This means a new card to add to the Prime 9, the 1985 Fleer Tony Gwynn. I won't ask for 1983's because I know people will want to hold on to those cards. Thanks again Steve, and if you like minor league stuff make sure to give his blog a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment