Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

A while back I was the lucky winner of Play at the Plate's World Series contest. I feel bad that I won at the expense of his Rangers. He was a gracious person, even though I'm sure he was stricken with heartache to have a winner route against his team. He sent me out a couple of pacts of Topps Chrome. I don't collect them, but I did get this beauty for the Mariners collection:


A Mariners refractor card of a Rangers player in a Mariner uniform. I wish we were a better team last year so we would have had a chance at Cliff. Also Brian sent some more Gwynns for the collection. All more cards that I didn't own. Some I've never even seen or knew existed.



Thank you to Play at the Plate, and if you don't read his blog daily, you need to. He is a great writer with some very informative and thought provoking material. Thanks again Brian, and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

1 comment:

  1. You are welcome. I'm glad the Gwynns were all new to your collection!
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete